High-tech universities, a growing work force, Fortune 500 companies, low energy costs, and home to 10 of America’s largest private companies.
Missouri’s advantages for business:
- Missouri has low energy costs. The state of Missouri is ranked 6th overall for business energy costs including electric and fuel by the Small business and Entrepreneurship Council in 2012.
- Missouri has an excellent regulatory and tax climate for business. In 2012, Missouri’s regulatory environment was ranked 10th best in the nation by Forbes. Missouri has the 8th lowest corporate income tax rates and the 16th best tax climate overall in the U.S. (Tax Foundation).
- Missouri’s workforce of over 3 million exceeds the entire populations of 20 other states, including neighboring Kansas, Arkansas and Nebraska.
- Missouri is one of only 4 states to receive the highest bond rating, AAA, for 46 years or more.
- Located near the geographic center of the country, Missouri has 8 surrounding states (most directly linked to) and is a one day drive from most U.S. markets.
- 10 Missouri companies were included in 2015’s Fortune 500: Express Scripts, Emerson Electric, Monsanto, Reinsurance Group of America, Centene, Peabody Energy, Ameren, O’Reilly Automotive, Graybar Electric, and Jones Financial.
- Missouri is also the headquarters for 10 of Americas largest private companies, according to Forbes: Enterprise, Graybar Electric, Edward Jones, Apex Oil, World Wide Technology, Bass Pro Shops, Hallmark Cards, Schnuck’s Markets, McCarthy Holding, and JE Dunn Construction.
- Missouri’s transportation advantages include 2 airports with international service, Kansas City International and Lambert St. Louis International. Missouri boasts the 6th largest public road and highway system in the country.
- The 122 hospitals across the stat include the top-ranked Barnes Jewish Hosptial.
- Missouri has the 3rd most diversified economy in the U.S. with a GDP over $284 billion (BEA) along with exports totaling over $14.2 billion (WiserTRADE).
- Missouri has 126 enhanced enterprise zones located throughout the state.
- Missouri has 138 post-secondary degree-granting institutions, including Washington University, ranked 14th best in the Unites States by U.S. News and World Report.
For more in-depth information about the benefits of doing business in Missouri, visit the Missouri Partnership website: missouripartnersip.com